150 gr flour
80 gr granulated sugar
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda
Wet (all at room temperature):
100 gr melted butter
150 ml full cream milk
70 gr grated cheddar cheese (plus extra for toppings)
1. Preheat the oven at 180 deg C.
2. Sieve the flour and mix together all the dry ingredients.
3. Whisk together melted butter, egg and milk and stir in grated cheese. Mix well.
4. Combine all the dry and wet ingredients and mix well (do not over mix).
5. Bake at 180 deg C for 15-20 minutes until a skewer comes out clean.