Have you ever wanted to travel the world and experience the unique culinary treats that are special and particular to that location? Contiki might have the answer: MUNCH.
Dedicated to the foodies between 18 to 35 years old, Munch provides the ultimate itinerary for a gastronomic treat across Europe. The trip is led by a unique duo—a Contiki Trip Manager and a foodie social media influencer—who will guide you throughout the trip.
Spanning nine days—with stops in Barcelona, Arles, Aix-en-Provence, Nice, Genoa, Florence, San Gimignano, Bologna, Lake Como and Milan—Munch provides travellers the fun of a Contiki trip and the chance to explore like a food expert, focussed on sampling delectable local delicacies and wine. Days shall be filled with cooking classes, pasta making, Tuscan dinners, food market outings and wine making; nights will be spent relaxing in comfortable hotels.
Alongside plenty of opportunities for solo exploration, Munch travellers can expect to enjoy:
- 2 days in Barcelona: kick off the journey in style with a traditional Tapas feast, then spend some time exploring beautiful Barcelona and take a Spanish cooking class.
- 1 day in Aix-en-Provence: arrive into Aix later afternoon and spend some time exploring this stylish town before being treated to a traditional Provençal bouillabaisse dinner.
- 2 days in Florence: enjoy plenty of time to explore Florence, head out for a traditional Tuscan dinner or get straight on the Gelato. Learn to make pasta at a Tuscan villa.
- 1 day in Bologna: get a taste for Bologna while wandering the city’s food markets, then enjoy a traditional dinner of tortellini al ragu.
- 1 day in Milan: spend an afternoon sipping aperol and watching the action on the bustling plazas before a tasty regional risotto dinner.
- Dedicated Foodie Munch Stops: Arles, Nice, Genoa, San Gimignano and Lake Como!
As a part of Contiki’s Limited Edition Summer Series, Munch will run with smaller groups of 25-30 passengers. Two departures of Munch will run in summer 2017, with further departures expected in 2018. For more information on Contiki’s trips throughout Europe, USA, Canada, Asia, Australia, New Zealand and Latin America check out www.contiki.com
Life’s an adventure – make it count with absolutely #NOREGRETS.